Blood Bank Supervisor - Medical Technologist - Full Time
Davis Hospital and Medical Center is a 225-bed facility that opened in 1976 and has grown over the years to become a first class medical facility. By offering a broad range of healthcare services, advanced medical technology and a comfortable, convenient patient experience, Davis has become the hospital of choice for its community. The hospital’s highly skilled doctors and experienced nurses keep a relentless focus on quality and constantly maintain their commitment to patient well-being and satisfaction.
Some of our area of expertise include: Emergency Services, Cardiac Care, Women’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation Services, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health.
Blood Bank Supervisor - Medical Technologist
Under the general direction of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Laboratory Director, the Transfusion Services Supervisor is responsible for the performance of Laboratory testing, to work together with the Laboratory Director, Pathologist, and Technologists to provide prompt and accurate Laboratory testing for patients of our hospital and surrounding community. The Transfusion Services Supervisor coordinates all laboratory blood bank services for the facility. Other duties as assigned.
- MLS Degree with an accredited 4 year institution.
- Current MLS/MT certification by ASCP or other certifying agency recognized in the US.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a Hospital Blood Bank setting.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
“Davis Hospital & Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.”
Steward Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran