Director of Case Management - Registered Nurse - Full Time - DHMC
Davis Hospital and Medical Center is a 225-bed facility that opened in 1976 and has grown over the years to become a first class medical facility. By offering a broad range of healthcare services, advanced medical technology and a comfortable, convenient patient experience, Davis has become the hospital of choice for its community. The hospital’s highly skilled doctors and experienced nurses keep a relentless focus on quality and constantly maintain their commitment to patient well-being and satisfaction.
Some of our area of expertise include: Emergency Services, Cardiac Care, Women’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation Services, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health.
Director of Case Management
Directs, plans, implements and evaluates all activities of the Case Management and Social Work programs. Oversees resource utilization for the hospital. Develops length of stay (LOS) and resource reduction strategies, capitalizing on facility best practice and providing specific LOS analysis and making recommendations for process improvement. Acts as a liaison to regulatory agencies to ensure compliance of requirements and to ensure third party payers reimbursement/coverage is approved to meet patients’ level of care. Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Nursing.
- Minimum of one year experience in case management and/or supervisory/management position involving case management/utilization review, responsibility in an acute care hospital and/or managed care setting.
- Must possess thorough/working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and managed care utilization review requirements.
- Must be familiar with federal, state and accreditation standards as they relate to case and utilization management.
- Current BLS issued by American Red Cross or the American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written