Pharmacy Tech - Medication Reconciliation - Full Time
Davis Hospital and Medical Center is a 225-bed facility that opened in 1976 and has grown over the years to become a first class medical facility. By offering a broad range of healthcare services, advanced medical technology and a comfortable, convenient patient experience, Davis has become the hospital of choice for its community. The hospital’s highly skilled doctors and experienced nurses keep a relentless focus on quality and constantly maintain their commitment to patient well-being and satisfaction.
Some of our area of expertise include: Emergency Services, Cardiac Care, Women’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation Services, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health.
Pharmacy technicians assist and support licensed pharmacists in providing health care and medications to patients. Pharmacy technicians must have a broad knowledge of pharmacy practice, and be skilled in the techniques required to order, stock, package, and compound and otherwise prepare medications. The Medication Reconciliation Technician reviews, clarifies, documents and verifies with the patient if possible, their “Prior to Admission” medications within 24 hours of admission to the hospital. The technician will keep records of all work processed for medication reconciliation performance monitoring.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the UT Board of Pharmacy. PTCB national certification as a pharmacy technician preferred.
- Three (3) years pharmacy operations experience desired and one (1) year purchasing experience desired; ACPE or ASHP accredited course in compounding sterile preparations preferred.
- Ability to interact with patients, coworkers and other medical center personnel in person or by telephone, in a pleasant, courteous manner
- Math aptitude with the ability to perform dosage, concentration and quantity calculations accurately
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining accuracy and quality of work
- Ability to consistently meet the departmental schedule as designated
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Davis Hospital & Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.