Phlebotomist - PRN - Davis Hospital
Davis Hospital and Medical Center is a 225-bed facility that opened in 1976 and has grown over the years to become a first class medical facility. By offering a broad range of healthcare services, advanced medical technology and a comfortable, convenient patient experience, Davis has become the hospital of choice for its community. The hospital’s highly skilled doctors and experienced nurses keep a relentless focus on quality and constantly maintain their commitment to patient well-being and satisfaction.
Some of our area of expertise include: Emergency Services, Cardiac Care, Women’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation Services, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health.
- Obtains blood and other specimens for laboratory testing from outpatients and inpatients of all ages according to physician orders and established policies and procedures.
- Delivers reports to physician and nursing stations.
- Labels specimens and transports to the laboratory for analysis.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, possess the ability to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her specific needs, and provides the care needed as described in the unit's policies and procedures and skills check lists.
Must be able to respect diversity of each persons values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues in addressing the needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider
- Must be a graduate of certified phlebotomy school or have on-the-job phlebotomy experience.
- Good reading skills, writing skills, and math abilities are required.
- Good organizational skills required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.