RN - Case Manager - PRN
Davis Hospital and Medical Center is a 225-bed facility that opened in 1976 and has grown over the years to become a first class medical facility. By offering a broad range of healthcare services, advanced medical technology and a comfortable, convenient patient experience, Davis has become the hospital of choice for its community. The hospital’s highly skilled doctors and experienced nurses keep a relentless focus on quality and constantly maintain their commitment to patient well-being and satisfaction.
Some of our area of expertise include: Emergency Services, Cardiac Care, Women’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation Services, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health.
Registered Nurse - Case Manager
Must be available to take call and work some weekends. RN, Case Manager assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the needs of patients for discharge planning and utilization review including those who may have Medicare, Medicaid, HMO, or private insurance to cover their stay on various units. Discharge planning is coordinated with physicians, nursing staff, the patient, and the patients significant others or close family members. Utilization review procedures include those slated for discharge planning in addition to knowledge of criteria for Medicare, Medicaid coverage and that of HMO or private insurers.
- Current Registered Nurse license in the State of Utah.
- Requires excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Treats patients, families, and coworkers with dignity and respect.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal.
- Previous Case Manager experience a plus.
- Knowledge base concerning Federal, InterQual, state, and private reimbursement systems preferred.
- Five years general nursing experience preferred, but not required.
Steward Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
“Davis Hospital & Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.”