RN - ER - Full Time
Davis Hospital and Medical Center is a 225-bed facility that opened in 1976 and has grown over the years to become a first class medical facility. By offering a broad range of healthcare services, advanced medical technology and a comfortable, convenient patient experience, Davis has become the hospital of choice for its community. The hospital’s highly skilled doctors and experienced nurses keep a relentless focus on quality and constantly maintain their commitment to patient well-being and satisfaction.
Some of our area of expertise include: Emergency Services, Cardiac Care, Women’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation Services, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health.
Under the general direction of the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), Nursing Director and Clinical Coordinator, the Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation on the delivery of care of the patient. The RN assumes responsibility and accountability for the delegation of patient care to other ancillary members of the health care team. The staff nurse is responsible for carrying out the care plan, administers medications and response, assists in maintaining highly specialized therapy with the appropriate equipment, assessment and treatment, and discharged with appropriate instructions. Continuity of care will be provided by the RN until the patient is either admitted or discharged. Other duties as assigned.
Will work both at the main hospital campus (Layton) and the Weber (Roy) ER as needed.
- Must have RN experience in the ER. ER Care Tech, EMT or Paramedic experience may be considered.
- Must have current RN license to work in the State of Utah.
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider
- ACLS certification required.
- Must obtain PALS and Conscious Sedation within six months of hire.
- Requires a calm demeanor while working in stressful situations.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
“Davis Hospital & Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.