Scheduling Secretary - Full Time
Davis Hospital and Medical Center is a 225-bed facility that opened in 1976 and has grown over the years to become a first class medical facility. By offering a broad range of healthcare services, advanced medical technology and a comfortable, convenient patient experience, Davis has become the hospital of choice for its community. The hospital's highly skilled doctors and experienced nurses keep a relentless focus on quality and constantly maintain their commitment to patient well-being and satisfaction.
Some of our area of expertise include: Emergency Services, Cardiac Care, Women's Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation Services, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health.
- Duties include handling inbound phone calls from physicians for orders and scheduling patient appointments for procedures
- Ensures patient account information is complete and accurate.
- Determines insurance coverage eligibility and requirements for reimbursements.
- Documents contacts and transactions in a timely manner in the registration system.
- Analyzes patient responsibility and keeps the Financial Counselor aware of patient responsibility portions of services to be received.
- Makes decisions reflecting knowledge of facts and good judgment within scope of practice for this position.
- May assist in front desk duties and in admitting areas of the hospital.
- Desire previous scheduling or related healthcare oriented work experience dealing with patients, referring physicians and healthcare providers.
- Requires excellent telephone etiquette, computer, customer service and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- Will cross train in other areas.
Steward Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Davis Hospital & Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.